Sunday, November 13, 2005

Waiting Room

Living in the cramped Ibaraki aparment of my near elderly hostmother, I am treated to nightly dinner conversations on contemperary events and culture, mostly culinary culture, but culture none-the-less. The quiet wisedom and vast experience that resides behind the surface of her replies reminds me subltely of Tuesdays With Morrie. Except my "Morrie" speaks to me mostly in Japanese and by Tuesday, I mean every day. Not that I've read the book or plan to, for that matter, but from third hand information and overhead comments I've heard its about an older guy, right?

1 Comments:

Anonymous Linda said...

Hi Rob,
What happened to your blog from Nov. 6? I need for you to answer my emails about the presents and your visa bill. It would be even more wonderful if you would call. Glad you are staying well fed. Love, Mom

13 November, 2005 23:33  

Post a Comment

<< Home